The achievements of automotive professionals have been celebrated at the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) Annual Dinner, hosted by Sarah Sillars OBE, Executive Chair of the IMI with the Institute's Patron, HRH Prince Michael of Kent on hand to see the presentation of the Skillmiles awards.
The Skillmiles scheme, which has been running for 4 years is a way of demonstrating to industry, employers and Government the valuable contribution many companies and individuals in the sector are making to aid skills development, with over 250 individuals entered this year's awards.
Eight awards were presented at the function which was sponsored by Amco, BDO, Continuum Insurance Brokers, Electude, Grass Roots, IMI Awards, Marshall Motor Group, Quadrant and Remit , the winners were.
- Automotive Group - Macrae and Dick (Andrew Grzesinski collected the award)
- Franchised Dealer category - John Clark BMW Aberdeen (Julie Stewart collected the award)
- Independent Garage category - Allied Vehicles Glasgow (Paul Nelson collected the award)
- Member Associations - Derby Member Association (Mathew Curtis collected the award)
- Sole trader category - John Dawson
- Support Organisation - Andrew Page (Nigel Buchanan collected the award)
- Training provider - S&B Academy (Jon Winter collected the award)
- Vehicle Manufacturer - Jaguar Land Rover (Dr. Adrian Birch collected the award)
- Ignition Award - Honda Institute (Ian Whitley collected the award)
After the presentation of the awards, Sillars said, "These recognition awards provide a meaningful way to acknowledge those who have significantly contributed to the development of skills within our sector, and the IMI pays tribute to those actively making a difference to the industry through their work and commitment to improve performance. Congratulations to all those who have won awards this evening but huge thanks and praise must go to all the contributors who have supported the IMI and demonstrated their incredible commitment to the wider industry."